A childhood crush who moved away. An adult love that shattered her world. Twenty-seven year old Mackenzie Tillson hasn’t been living for quite some time, rather, just existing. Life is passing her by and even with the love of her friends and family she can’t quite seem to snap out of the disconnected bubble she has created around her. Moving day by day as a shell of a person who once knew what it meant to live.
Until one day, the boy who first had her heart comes back. With a vengeance…Drew Dean has been apart from the girl he loved all of those years ago for far too long and now that fate has provided them with a second chance, he will make it clear to her that she is, and always has been the one for him. But what Drew discovers in the process, is Mackenzie may just end up being completely unreachable.
Is it possible to get through to someone who has no intentions of ever letting anyone in again? Can a person find their way through the darkness and emptiness they’ve created? For Mackenzie, trudging along in life alone is where she feels she deserves to be. But will she find it in her to fight and break the barrier of the internal distorted view she has of herself? Or will she let everyone and everything slip away?
As Mackenzie tries to piece together the remnants of her shattered existence, she inadvertently discovers life, love and loss are one in the same. A hopeful journey to be taken with an ending to fill the emptiness she’s carried for too long.
About the Author
I love anything and everything pertaining to make up or beauty. I love to write and shop. I love going to the movies and spending time with my friends and family. I love to dance. I love to laugh and to make others laugh. I’m inspired by dance, music, poetry, and photography. I feel there is beauty in everything. I believe to get respect you have to give respect and to treat others how you want to be treated. I love everything and anything vintage. I love Jesus and believe in having faith in the unseen and unheard. I love to have fun and make new memories. But mostly, I love life. Enjoying the road I’m on, and making the most of it.
1. I can recite the alphabet backwards 😉
2. I can rap the Busta Rhymes part in the song Look at me Now!
3. I can draw and paint as well 🙂
4. I am slam poet (next performance in September)
5. I have an impeccable memory, most situations I can remember verbatim.
6. I am the middle child
7. I am HUGE fan of makeup. I watch YouTube tutorials almost daily.
8. I used to be a hip hop dancer
9. I love anything dealing with interior design.
10. I didn’t write my first actual legitimate poem until November of last year. That was inspired by a book I read: Slammed by Colleen Hoover.