Guest Post for Evolution: ANGEL by S. A. Huchton
A Guide to Seducing a Superhero
Today, I present to you a helpful guide, reposted here from FOR HER magazine*, for those who’d like a few pointers from the experts**.
Seducing the Superhero
-The Definitive Guide to Catching an ANGEL’s eye-
So you’ve survived a crisis and had your life saved by a hunk of hotness that will haunt every fantasy you’ll have for the rest of your life. Now what? How do you catch and keep the attentions of a superhero?
Well, you’ve already done the hard part. Coming into contact with the elusive ANGEL is step one. It’s not easy, and we here at FOR HER magazine would never condone putting yourself in harm’s way just to get a man, but if you’re lucky enough to find yourself in close quarters with one of these paramour paragons, here’s a simple guide to take things to the next level.
1. Gratitude is severely underrated. Let him know exactly how thankful you are for his service, sacrifice, and for saving your life. Don’t be stingy on the thank yous! If he knows how much you appreciate him, you’re sure to make an impression!
2. Don’t be caught dangling from the edge of a building in gym clothes! As disaster can strike any time, any where, always be sure to look your best. Our tip: avoid skirts, as there may be running involved, but don’t hold back on that pair of jeans that really hugs your curves! Let him know you’ve got it where it counts!
3. Throw your personal space rules out the window! There’s no time to be shy when it’s life or death. Cling to him for all you’re worth! If nothing else, it’ll make for great memories later, and everyone wants to know just how form-fitting those skinsuits really are!
4. Get familiar with your kitchen. Superheroes are known for their epic appetites. Don’t be caught unprepared! What better way to show your gratitude than with a hearty, home-cooked meal or a fresh batch of cookies you just whipped up? (We have it on good authority that one Gabriel Vandermeer is partial to chocolate chip!)
5. Let him know you’re interested, but go easy on the sex appeal. Master the fine art of the coy smile, and leave the perfume in the bottle. Superheroes have heightened senses, and all of those chemicals can be a huge turnoff. Let your natural beauty shine through with the “Simple Vixen Look” makeup guide on page 54 of this issue!
With these never-fail tips, you’ll bag that hero faster than you can say Christian Markov! We know our readers have plenty of ideas of their own, so be sure to leave your own Superhero Seduction Strategies in the comments below.
* – not a real magazine.
** – as with any women’s magazine article, the use of the word “expert” is up for your own interpretation. 😉
Candace Bristol has always been obsessed with comic books, but in a world where the nightly news often mirrors these inked stories, her dreams of becoming a real superhero could actually come true. After being rescued by members of the government’s AdvaNced Genetic EvoLution (ANGEL) Project four years ago, getting recruited for this elite team is all she's wanted.
Now 18, she's finally reached her goal after years of study and physical training, but little could have prepared her for life as a genetic experiment. As though coming to terms with her new ability to manipulate water isn't tough enough, she never expected to be swept off her feet by one of her fellow recruits.
With genetic alteration, the threat of physical and mental instability hangs over every superhero like a shadow. When one of their own tumbles over the edge of madness, Candace will have to choose between protecting the world, and saving the one who holds her heart.
I received a copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.
Right from the introduction I was swept up and happily dragged along for the ride with Candice our main character as she gets the chance to live out her dream of being a super powered member of the ANGEL program.
I actually didn’t pay attention to what genre this story was (and I usually don’t) and for some reason had it in my head this was a Young Adult title. Yeah it’s not. Things took an unexpectedly “adult” turn. And while there are a few adult scenes, they’re more fade to black with a hint of skinamax and not explicit.
While the story started really strong, the middle got a little more like a racy Sky High than the Avengers. That’s not a bad thing at all though, Sky High is a kick butt movie, but it’s a change of tone that made the middle feel a little off from the beginning and end. Speaking of the ending, whew! It goes out on a brutal high-note that’s sure to change the tone going forward in the series. Comic book / Superhero fans aren’t going to want to miss this series!