Published On: April 20 2015
Genres: Paranormal Fantasy
Publisher: Self Published Pages: 150
Format: eBook, Print
Secrets. Love. Destiny. Deceit.
Sasha Kensington, Jane Wineheart, Yvonne Ames, Yasmine Wassen, and Alicia Vega have been tapped to join Valhalla Prepatory School they enrolled thinking it was just another school for the rich, powerful, and the elite. What they got was a school full super powered girls training to be warriors that serve Azalea Larkspur, Goddess of all life that keeps life flowing in balance and harmony. Their knowledge of their powers were sealed away from them. Now they embark on journey of self-discovery and their legacy. All while still trying to be normal teenagers with the fate of the world resting on their shoulders. The Millennium Force, enemies of their ancestors past is back and stronger than ever. Will they choose the world or themselves?
Since the dawn of time, the war of good and evil has always played with fate, with the earth, and with the flow of the universe. How mankind dictates their actions and influences the nature of life depends on the nature that governs them. Azalea Larkspur is one entity that provides balance; if the balance should shift too much, Azalea could grow weak and die.
There was a legend about five women who had been marked since birth that should rise to the call when mankind and the universe are in need. To restore balance, these warriors came together as one to fight against dark forces that were after life’s entity and energy. These warriors that command the elements also help protect the zenith of Azalea Larkspur, who keeps all of life’s spiritual energy in perfect harmony and balance. If Azalea Larkspur disappears or the flow of life energy is disturbed, life itself could be sent into chaos, leading to the destruction of humanity. The universe would be sent into an abyss of turmoil and time would flow in an endless loop. To restore the tranquility of life, the angel of time must seek out the chosen Guardians of Valhalla. In ancient times, they were called Valkyries.
(SMALL ISLAND *HIDDEN* OFF THE COAST OF NORWAY AND DENMARK AD)
I could sense the dark currents in the atmosphere… Dark figures coming at me… I could feel them approaching from the north, southeast, and southwest. The chill that came through the air reeked of despair, famine, death, war, pestilence…signs of the dark four near—two from my left and two from my right. An ambush. Why was I not surprised?
She spoke Indicium. Time stopped from the sides and below on Earth, and the sky shook in a loud cry of roaring thunder. The Seal of Judgment opened her wings and expanded, contracting like time but with the speed of a falcon. In one breath she flew through the seal, and as she came back through, dove-like birds swarmed around her in a double helix. They slowly dissolved in a yellowish white fire. It engulfed her body, her right hand raised toward the sky as a flaming sword materialized in her hand. On the wrist of her left arm, the Seal of Judgment appeared.
The sky closed and the four figures drew closer. She realized they weren’t the true dark four; they were the messengers. She cast her sword and thrust it toward her enemies. The sword moved swiftly in a forward winding motion and transformed into flaming arrows. The arrows hit their mark.
“In the name of the Almighty, be gone, return to the lake of fire from which you came,” she commanded.
The arrows pierced them, engulfing them in flames. She hadn’t forgotten about the other two.
Why did you decide to become a writer?
- Because I wanted to do something I love to do, but can do from or traveling. Plus I was inspired by so many authors and their books I read.
Who/what are your writing inspirations?
- Anime/Manga sometimes and other times I get a single thought or idea while I am riding the train or stories I wish were real or if it was story I want to read.
What are your favorite genres to read?
- Fantasy/Paranormal/Greek Myth, Sci-Fi, Suspense/Mystery, YA/AF
Favorite writing food / snack?
- Scones and snickers
What do you hope readers take away most from your writing?
- That female leads in novels are bloody awesome!! & You can create any world you want.
Who’s the favorite character of yours that you’ve written and why?
- Amarah Ealonae because she a fighter and she loves horses as much as I do if not more 😉
What is your writing style? Outliner/Planner or Seat of the Pantser?
- I am a mix I will still outline with one or the other especially with a full length novel, but when I come up with plot & back drop I’m definitely a pantser, but outlining helps me stay focus and don’t drift to far from the goal of the book. However with the novella Eden’s Journey I am currently not needing an outline, so I guess it just depends on the story I am doing.
If someone wanted to become a writer, what tips would you give to them?
- Pace your self do not rush. Carefully plan. Do research as needed. Consider the purpose for the literary work you are writing. Understand the reason behind why you are writing. Decide what you want to do first or either Traditional or self-publish and what each required of you. Decide what type of books you want to write. First and foremost enjoy it. Breathe it in exhale it, repeat, and let your imagination & creativity flow. If you get discouraged…You have one writer that believes in you. Have the courage to surpass your own doubts. Determination and Reflection is key. Don’t give up and have fun 😉
Have you ever purchased something from a late-night infomercial? If so, what?
- Lol guilty …The fluidity bar it a work out bar I think I lost about 10lbs with it, I could lost more , but I didn’t stick with, but I plan to eventually.
If you could collaborate with any other author (living, dead, or undead) who would that be and why?
- S. Lee or Ally Carter because both have has an eye for Victorian historical fiction and espionage the series I will be doing sometime next year; Intergalactic Intelligence Agency Rogue is the first installment in the series. This series centers on the descendants (daughters) of Sherlock Holmes and his sidekick Watson. They are intergalactic spies. It would be awesome to collaborate with one of them on it.
If you weren’t a writer, what would you do?
- Fashion Design and Acting. I love both very much
Coke, Pepsi, or?
- Root Beer or Tea (except lemon tea) green tea is my fav.
What’s one thing people should know and/or don’t know about you?
- I have pet peeve: I cannot rude mean or disrespectful it set me on edge when it’s done to me or anyone else
Is there a character that has the most “You” in them? Or the opposite of you?
- I think Claire from Lisi Harrison’s the clique series so me and Aria of pretty little liars. From my books I would say Amarah Ealonae of Blind Knight(ROTG)/ Amarah Chronicles (NPY) and Eden Everson of Eden’s Journey